As of April 2018, communication with the WIPO International Bureau will be no longer done by fax, but electronically, by accessing the Contact Madrid service.
It is designed to meet the requirements of all users of the Madrid System, namely trademark applicants/owners, representatives, national intellectual property offices.
Contact Madrid is an effective means of communication with the WIPO International Bureau that can be used for:
- Submission of forms that do not require certification of the office of origin;
- General information on the Madrid System;
- Requesting information on the status of an international trademark application;
- Response to letters of irregularity or to various notifications issued by WIPO;
- Sending a payment order or an invoice;
- Information on the electronic services provided by WIPO;
- Provision of copies;
- Transmission of certified (authenticated) documents, etc.
Contact Madrid can be accessed from the WIPO / Madrid System website under the heading "Contacts" or directly at: https://www3.wipo.int/contact/en/madrid.