- National legislation on design
- Design or model application form | E-filing
Official Industrial Property Bulletin (BOPI)
- International Classification of the industrial designs established according to Locarno Agreement
Design ServicesDOCUMENTARY SEARCH ANALYSIS AND SYNTHESIS SERVICES IN THE FIELD OF INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS BY THE STATE OFFICE FOR INVENTIONS AND TRADEMARKS
Industrial designs are represented by the outer aspect of a product. That is why there is no protection document which is not accompanied by the graphic representation of the protected industrial design. For the same reason, any documentary search request concerning industrial designs shall be accompanied by the graphic representation thereof.
The following services are available in the field of industrial designs:
– Anteriority documentary search concerning the novelty of an industrial design. In this case, the client shall specify the industrial design to be searched for and the period for which the service is requested.
– Selective documentary search for identifying an author’s or owner’s patrimony of industrial designs registered in Romania – conceived for providing to the client information concerning an author’s or owner’s patrimony concerning the published applications and the protection certificates granted, from 1993 up to date.
– Selective documentary search for identifying a professional representative’s patrimony of industrial designs registered in Romania.
– Documentary search for preventing infringement (for a single industrial design) – points out the certificates in force for the period specified by the client.
– Documentary search concerning the legal status of the registration certificate of an industrial design – conceived for providing to the client information on the legal status of a certificate to be identified by the number, in the request filed with the State Office for Inventions and Trademarks.
– Documentary search for monitoring the competition for a period of 6 months.
– Documentary search for monitoring the competition – conceived for providing information concerning the industrial design protection activity initiated by natural or legal persons, considered as competitors of the client. This documentary search is offered by subscription and may be extended by an anteriority search for a period of 3 years.
– Registration the unregistered designs.
- Community Designs – E-filing
- Community Designs – Fees
- Community Designs – Fees calculator
EUIPO Convergence program – CP6 – Convergence on graphic representations of designs
- EUIPO Convergence program – CP7 – Harmonisation of product indication project
- EUIPO Convergence program – CP10 – Criteria for assessing disclosure of designs on the internet
- DesignView – EUIPO database